BACK ON THE MOUNTAIN
Being the bitch and taking over the mountain...in more ways than one.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's so special about HEAD?

Now wait a minute and settle yourselves down.  I may be over thinking my readers' sick thoughts, but never can be too careful!  I'm talking about HEAD skis, and there are a lot of Olympic alpine skiers who are switching and signing to race on them.

HEAD skis began picking up popularity in the 1964 Olympic Winter Games

The first big bad skier to make the switch this season was Gold medalist, Lindsey Vonn.  Good move for her since it brought her home the Gold and a Bronze medal in this years Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver.  Another Olympic US Team skier who has just signed with HEAD skis is Ted Ligety.  Also known as "Ted Shred," HEAD is very proud to add him to their stick riding. Another Gold medal winner that races with HEAD is Bode Miller.  Looks like they'll have to up their supply of US men's racing skis since Vonn prefers to ride on men's rather than women's. She's tough.

Not only are there US Olympic skiers joining HEAD, but key racers in Norway are strapping on too.  Silver medalist Kjetil Jansrud and his 1, 2, 3 teammate (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and sexy beast on skis Aksel Lund Svindal both signed on to Team HEAD.  That's a lot of HEAD people, come on.

So my question still remains.  What's so special about HEAD?  As you know, I'm riding on some pretty nice, meant for me K2 MissDemeanors.  I really enjoyed bonding with them this first season back on the mountain.  I guess if you're a racer, HEAD is where it's at though.  I mean, it seems that way.  Now I am starting to look for new ski boots.  Perhaps I should start looking towards their boots.

1 comment:

  1. I used to race Head skis, but switched to Atomics. Heads are awesome, though - check out my Bode Miller video :D

    ReplyDelete