BACK ON THE MOUNTAIN
Being the bitch and taking over the mountain...in more ways than one.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Vintage inspired: Pluto Skiing

Let me first begin saying that I have a love for vintage posters, adverts, etc.  Travel and skiing themes rank at the top of my mountain.  On a second note, when the news of Pluto no longer being considered a planet came to be, I was distraught. I also have a fascination of outer space and science fiction, however, not an obsession. Just having complete wonderment and interest. 


Go figure that the "vintage inspired" Steve Thomas ski travel poster (below) would spark my interest! Could you image skiing on Pluto? With an average distance of 3,647,240,000 miles from the Sun, what a distant cold world! Covered in frozen methane gas, give me a mask and let's ski down whatever slopes there are! Good work, Steve.




No comments:

Post a Comment