BACK ON THE MOUNTAIN
Being the bitch and taking over the mountain...in more ways than one.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Talking about downhill.

I would like to make clear that I am no expert. I do not know all the proper ski terms (as of yet). Secondly, when I talk about my own skiing history and what I am intermediately skilled in, I am referring to downhill or alpine.

As a young hopper, I tried cross-country which included a fantastic cabin stay with friends. I think we were in New York somewhere but I don't remember. I do remember having a workout I will never forget!

Just last year, I finally tried snowboarding at the fun filled Sugar Bowl Ski Resort in Tahoe. Pleased to have tackled snowboarding, I only did a one-dayer due to straining my right knee. I enjoyed learning to board, however I know the old fashioned way will be the way for me. My reasons are simple:
1. No enjoyment constantly strapping/unstrapping on the board before/after the runs/chair lifts.
2. I like poles.

A friend reminded me of ski touring, free heel skiing, which he wants to get back into.  Amazing to learn about all different types of skiing where you're heelloose and fancy free! Touring, cross-country, telemark skiing. Anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment